The scheme is a voucher scheme and you will need to apply for a voucher to redeem against your bicycle and safety equipment when you collect them from a participating bike shop.
To obtain your voucher you need to:
- Visit your local participating bicycle shop to choose your equipment and obtain a written quote. You can find your nearest partner shop online here.
- Go to the Cyclescheme website and click on 'request your certificate' to make a request online. You will need your personal reference number, which is unique to you. You can find this on your payslip through Employee Self Service. If you are not a computer user please contact Cyclescheme on 01225 448933 to place your order. The University will in turn, approve your request providing you have met the University's eligibility criteria.
- Complete and sign the Hire Agreement online (or by post if you have contacted Cyclescheme on the telephone number above).
- Receive your secure voucher from Cyclescheme—this will be posted or emailed to you, whichever you prefer.
- Redeem your voucher at the bike shop and collect your equipment (you must provide your University photo ID card to do this and sign the voucher to acknowledge receipt of the bike and equipment).
- Pay a total of 10 monthly reductions from gross salary, via salary sacrifice during the initial 12 month hire period. (Your first payment will be taken from your salary in the next available pay run following receipt of the voucher).
- At the end of the initial 12-month hire period you will be given the opportunity to extend the hire period for a further 31 months by paying a one off Continuation Deposit. No further monthly salary sacrifice payments will be due. Alternatively you may be offered ownership of the bike in return for a market value fee or you may return the bike to Cyclescheme.
- At the end of the extended hire period (if applicable) Cyclescheme may choose to offer you ownership of the bike for a fair market value fee that will be offset against the Continuation Deposit already paid, meaning no additional payments will be due to obtain ownership of the bike. Alternatively you may return the bike to Cyclescheme and receive a full refund of the Continuation Deposit.