There are four ways to make savings through CAMbens Discounts. These are through online discounts, by receiving cashback on online purchases, through discounted shopping vouchers and reloadable gift cards and also over the telephone. Each retailer determines what type of discount they offer and at what level.
1. Online discounts
Online discounts are usually a saving of a set percentage of an online purchase. They take the form of a special link to the retailers website, where the discount is then automatically applied, or a discount code which should be entered in the retailers online checkout. The discount is applied immediately and you pay the discounted amount.
Online discounts step-by-step guide:
- Find the offer you are interested in on the CAMbens discounts website, which will tell you how much discount you will receive. You can do this by typing the retailers name in the search bar.
- If the offer page has a link to the retailers website, click this link and complete your purchase online in the normal way. If the offer page has a discount code, enter this at the checkout on the retailers website when prompted.
- The discount will be applied to your purchase automatically and you will pay the reduced amount.
Cashback is similar to an online discount but instead of receiving the discount at the time you make a purchase you pay the full price and then receive money back into your CAMbens account.
The cashback amount is either a set percentage of the purchase or a set amount, depending on the retailer. The amount specified is then awarded back into your CAMbens Discounts account, to be transferred into your own back account when you wish.
For example, where an offer is for 5% cashback, and the employee pays £100 they would receive £5 back. Or an offer may specify a set amount, for example where an employee purchases a mobile phone contract they may receive a set amount as cashback.
Once the amount has been confirmed by the retailer the employee can then choose to either withdraw the money into their bank account, put it towards the purchase of vouchers or reloadable cards, or donate it charity.
Cashback step-by-step guide:
- Find the offer you want on the CAMbens discounts website, which will tell you how much cashback you will receive. You can do this by typing the retailers name in the search bar.
- Click the special link to the retailers website and complete the purchase online.
- Once your cashback has been confirmed by the retailer you will be able to withdraw it to your bank account by BACS transfer, use it to pay for vouchers or donate it to charity. Just go to ‘My Account’ and select ‘Cashback Statement.’
3. Reloadable cards and vouchers
To make savings in-store employees can purchase vouchers and reloadable cards at discounted rates. They are purchased through the CAMbens Discounts website and the discount is applied when they are purchased or topped up.
For example, where a retailer offers a 10% discount and the employee purchases £100 of vouchers they would pay the discounted price of £90 and receive £100 worth of vouchers in the post to use in-store. They can also be used on top of sale prices.
Reloadable cards/vouchers step-by-step guide:
- Go to the Voucher Shop on the CAMbens Discounts website and choose the retailer.
- Enter the amount you would like to receive.
- Pay for the vouchers from your debit/credit card. You pay the discounted price.
- The voucher or reloadable card is posted to your home address. If you order before 11am they will be posted the same day.
- Vouchers can be used immediately in-store.
- Reloadable cards are activated in the My Account section on the CAMbens Discounts Website. If activated by 11am, the balance will be ready to spend the next working day.
4. Telephone discounts
As well as discounts accessed online there are also offers available by telephone. For further details call the Helpdesk on 0845 299 0908 (Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm. Sat-Sun, 10am to 4pm) to find out more.