The CAMbens Cars insurance policy provides fully comprehensive cover for all drivers and their nominated drivers, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
The salary exchange amount includes an element to cover the cost of the insurance premium and is included in any quotations you produce for a car. As a participant in the scheme you will not be permitted to source and arrange your own insurance cover. Provisional/Learner drivers are not permitted to use the vehicle under any circumstances.
By entering into this agreement you are agreeing that we may share details relating to you and your additional driver(s), including sensitive personal data, with the insurance provider, solely for purposes connected with the administration and implementation of this scheme.
Ensuring additional drivers are covered by the insurance policy
You must ensure that you provide the details of any additional driver at the time you place your order online. If you fail to disclose details of any additional driver they will not be covered under the motor insurance policy and you will be liable for any costs that may subsequently be incurred whilst they are driving.
You will receive an insurance certificate following delivery of your CAMbens car.
The Vehicle is fully comprehensively insured against all loss or damage resulting from fire, theft and other risks (including shattering of windows) and for all other third party liabilities including personal injury and damage to property. You and your domestic partner will be covered for business use along with social domestic and pleasure use and commuting from home to permanent place of employment. Any additional drivers are only covered for social domestic and pleasure use and commuting from home to permanent place of employment. You, your domestic partner and any additional drivers must:
- on request provide the University and/or Tusker with a copy of the insurance policy you have in place;
- notify Tusker of any damage to the Vehicle as soon as possible and in any event you must notify Tusker within two days of the damage being incurred
- on request, (unless this would invalidate your insurance) deliver the Vehicle to a location requested by Tusker to enable repairs to be carried out (whether or not you are making a claim under the insurance policy)
- pay the full amount of any insurance policy excess for every claim you make under the policy
- pay any money received by you because of loss or damage to the Vehicle (including any insurance monies paid to you by any party or by the person that damaged the Vehicle) to the University
- ensure that you have provided accurate information to the insurer at all times. This will include providing accurate insurance history for you and/or for other named drivers on the policy. Failure to do this may invalidate your insurance policy
- notify the insurer in writing of any changes that have an impact on the insurance policy (including change of your home address). Failure to do this may invalidate your insurance policy
- notify the insurer of any driving convictions. Failure to do this may invalidate your insurance policy
- Comply with the terms of your insurance policy at all times. Failure to do this may invalidate your insurance policy
You, your domestic partner and any additional drivers must not:
- do anything that will void the insurance policy;
- do anything to prevent an insurance settlement being paid out;
- do anything to invalidate the manufacturer's warranty
- £250 Accidental Damage, Fire and Theft Excess
- £550 for drivers under 21
- £450 Drivers 21 to 24
- £75 Windscreen Excess (waived if the glass is repaired rather than replaced)
Insurance declarations required
If you, your domestic partner or any additional drivers have more than two CAT A convictions in the last three years (CU, LC, MS, MW, PC & SP), please contact Tusker.
If you, your domestic partner or any additional drivers have had more than one claim within the last three years, with such a claim costing more than £10,000, please contact Tusker (claim meaning any accident or loss where full recovery not made from another party).
If you or your Domestic Partner are aged between 65 and 67, please contact Tusker.
Tusker Customer Services team; CAMbens@ss4c.com or 0333 400 2020
Claims history requests
When leaving the CAMbens Car scheme, you can contact the Tusker Customer Services team who will be able to provide you with a driver history letter which confirms the number of claims you have experienced since taking a vehicle under the scheme.
Insurance cover for travel to EU countries
The insurance provided covers you throughout the European Community including Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. If you would like to take your car outside the UK you must obtain a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103b) by phoning the Tusker Driverline on 0333 400 2020. For further details please see the ‘Taking your vehicle abroad’ section.
Accidental or theft related damage
All damages to the vehicle, including windscreen/window breakage and any accident involving third party damage or injury must be reported immediately to the Accident Management team by calling 0333 400 2020, who will then start the claims process. Any additional costs incurred where claims are not reported correctly or where you have not exercised reasonable care with regard to the security of the vehicle will be your responsibility.
If your CAMbens Car is stolen, you should report it to the police immediately, and obtain a crime reference number. You should then contact the Accident Management team by calling 0333 400 2020 who will assist you and begin to pursue the claim. Your reduction in salary will continue until your CAMbens Car is recovered. If your car is declared a write off then your reduced salary will continue until the date that your car is declared a total loss, after which your current agreement will end and you will be able to make a selection for a new car under a new 24 month agreement. No early termination charges will be issued.