The report lists the main personal and contractual data (including basic pay and costing information) for each current employee (and research student paid through the monthly payroll).
The following columns are shown:
- Person Ref (Personal reference number)
- Known As (Preferred forename)
- DOB (Date of birth)
- Date Joined Uni (Organisation start date)
- Continuous Service Date (Reckonable service date)
- Retirement Date
- Right to Work Status
- Position Ref (Position reference number)
- Post Ref (Post reference number)
- Role Code Number
- Occ Ref (Occupancy reference number)
- Occ Start Date
- Occ End Date
- Expected Occ End Date
- Expected Occ End Reason
- Expected Position End Date
- Expected Position End Reason
- Contractual Hours
- Next Increment Date
- Rate of Pay (if on a spot salary)
- Frequency (if on a spot salary)
- Scale Point
- Scale Point Value (annual full-time amount)
- Costing and percentage split (to aw.)
- Pension Scheme
There is one row for every occupied position. If an employee holds two positions concurrently then there will be one row for each position.
Within each institution the data is sorted by Person Ref and then by Position Ref.
1st of Each Month
- To provide institutions with a full staff listing including key personal and contractual data items.
- To check someone's source of funding and if they are split funded.
- To be able to group staff into employment types e.g. Assistant Staff (filter on Type) or employment basis e.g. established staff (filter on Basis).
- To find the Role Code Number of an occupied position.
- To act as a source for the generation of an email list for current staff.
- To check what a specific person's current scale point and next increment date is.
- To facilitate the calculation of employer pension costs (see Notes below).
Who to contact
- Problems opening the report - CHRIS Helpdesk
- Queries with the data - Recruitment Administration Team
Pension Schemes incurring employer pension costs (at salary exchange rates):
Pension Schemes incurring employer pension costs (at non-exchange rates):
- CPS Non Exch
- USS Non Exch
Pension Schemes incurring no employer pension costs:
- 40 Years Service (USS members with 40 years service)
- 40 Years Service Ees only (USS members with 40 years service who opt to continue paying employee contributions)
- NHS 45yrs Service (NHS scheme members with 45 years service)
- Non Pensionable (Employees in positions that are not eligible for pension)
- Opted out of pension (Employees who have elected to opt out of the pension scheme)
Relevant HR Policy or Procedure
No specific HR Policy or Procedure applies.