Mediators will work according to the following code of conduct:
- They will give equal value to the views of each party and remain impartial at all times.
- They will not impose solutions; their role will be limited to supporting the parties in reaching agreement.
- They will not disclose to the other party anything said in the initial one-to-one meeting except at the request of the party concerned.
- Any notes made in the course of the process will be destroyed at the end of the process.
- They will not disclose to the parties' institution(s) anything beyond a report that an agreement has been reached, or that the parties have been unable to reach an agreement.
- Nothing that happens in the course of the process will be disclosed in the event of a failure to agree followed by a formal procedure.