skip to content

Human Resources



Where an individual has previously undergone a basic disclosure check required for his/her post with another organisation in the course of his/her employment, the check is not portable to the University of Cambridge. It will not be accepted as meeting the University's requirements.

Overseas applicants

Disclosure and Barring Service can only access criminal records held on the UK Police National Computer. Therefore, when recruiting an applicant who has lived overseas, a basic disclosure check may not provide a complete picture of their criminal record (which may or may not exist). In these circumstances, it is at the discretion of the University to ask that applicants obtain a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct' from the relevant country where available. For full, country specific guidance, please see the criminal records checks for overseas applicants guidance issued by the Home Office.

Please note: Disclosure and Barring Service will not send disclosure certificates (the check results) to overseas addresses. Therefore, if your successful applicant has not yet moved to the UK, you will need to ensure that his/her basic disclosure application form includes a 'care of' address (such as a department/institution address).