skip to content

Access all areas

Computer access

Computing facilities are provided University Information Services.

You may apply to the UIS for computing accounts on arrival at the University. The required form is contained within your starter pack, which will be sent to you with your contract of employment.

Departments may also offer specific services in addition to general computing facilities. Departmental computing staff will tell you what is available and give you details of your accounts if appropriate.

University Card

The University Card simply entitles the holder to use the University systems and services where appropriate and provides access to University buildings. On arrival, you should contact your Card Representative who will ensure that the details necessary to create a card are available to the University Card Office. If you are unsure who your Card Representative is, consult your Departmental Administrator.

Disability and Access

Information about all aspects of disability including physical access, Access to Work and the University's Disability and Employment Policy can be found on the website for the Human Resources Division and the Disability Resource Centre.


The Cambridge University Library is open to all members of the University of Cambridge – first and second year undergraduates and Cambridge University Assistants for reference only (not borrowing). Eligibility criteria and details on how to apply are detailed on the University Library's website.


In addition to the catering facilities listed in the Well being section of Employee Benefits, you should also investigate whether there are any additional catering facilities within your work location.


If you are involved in supervisions you might use the Cambridge Colleges' Online Reporting System for Supervisors (CamCORS).


If you are involved in graduate supervisions you might use the Graduate Studies' Online Reporting System for Graduate Supervisions (CamGRAD).