skip to content

Visitor visas

From 1 January 2021, EU/EEA/Swiss visitors can use these routes where they were not resident in the UK by 31 December 2020.

The University of Cambridge welcomes visitors from across the world to undertake a variety of academic activities, including conducting research, giving lectures and acting as examiners. To determine the appropriate visa for the required visit, we would advise first reading the document below:

If the activity or reason for the visit is not covered within the above guidance, please contact the Compliance Team for further advice. Please include full details of the proposed visit.

More detailed information on each visitor visa route can be found below:

Right to work checks

Where the University has invited a visitor to come to the University to undertake certain activities, departments/institutions should refer to the visitor right to work policy for guidance regarding when and how to undertake a check.