skip to content

Private consultancy

If you are working in a private capacity, or acting as a consultant, you do so at your own risk, as such work is not covered by the University's insurances. You are strongly advised to take out personal insurance. However, professional indemnity cover may be obtained by channelling private work through the University's insurance company, Cambridge University Technical Services (CUTS) Ltd. For more advice, contact Cambridge Enterprise.

The University does not expect to be informed about remuneration from private work and consultancy. Such work, however, must not interfere with the performance of the duties of your office or post. If you are in any doubt about this you should consult your head of institution. If you undertake any work in a private capacity or act as a consultant, you should be clear that you undertake such work at your own risk, and that the University must not be involved in any such arrangements. University letterheads or other facilities must not be used.