This part of the HR website provides guidance on how to recruit effectively within the University and in a way which complies with University policy and procedures, employment law and equal opportunities legislation.The webpages can be only accessed by current staff members using Raven access:
The benefits of getting the recruitment process right include:
- Appointment of person most suited to carry out the duties of the post and all the consequent benefits.
- Internal processes flow more smoothly and efficiently.
- Exclusion of any possibility of unlawful discrimination, inequality or bias.
The potential consequences of getting them wrong include:
- Poor selection, appointment of person not suited to carry out duties of post, on-going managerial issues.
- Internal processes become unnecessarily time-consuming.
Contractual Terms and Conditions
There are different contractual terms and conditions according to staff type:
Support, Guidance and Training
Effective recruitment is crucial to the ongoing success of the University and comprehensive training should be undertaken by all those involved in the recruitment process.
If you require advice on recruitment, please contact your HR Business Manager/Adviser or the Head of Recruitment.
The CHRIS Helpdesk provides support on HR systems used in the recruitment process.